Thursday, 10 September 2015

Top Skincare Tips

So recently I've been watching people's skincare videos on YouTube and reading blogs about different products to use etc.

This post is going to be about what tips I have to keep skin healthy as a teenager, because I find that the people I watch on YouTube are more grown up and have more money to spend on more expensive moisturisers and cleansers.
I still enjoy their videos and I recommend you watching these ones which might help for starter make up or budget make up.

(links)

My skin is a mixture between oily and dry depending on the season. For example in winter it will be very dry and in hotter months it will be oily and sweaty and just a bit yuck.
I have spots a lot - around my chin and between my eyebrows and on my nose, but they are usually quite small, however they can regularly be yellow headed (I need to get the gross bit done) and I get tempted to squeeze it.
Which brings me onto tip number uno.

1. DO NOT PICK YOUR SPOTS
It will make them worse by spreading bacteria from your fingers to the spot, causing it to be huge and more...ew.

2. Another one for spots, especially yellow heads, get a cotton bud and some Tea Tree Oil, and gently dab the oil onto the spot (when you have cleansed your face)
There's something in Tee Tree Oil thats really good for blemishes so go ahead and try it cos it works for me!

3. I sound like a grumpy parent, but this is something that I fail to do. GO TO BED EARLY! For teenagers, the average amount of sleep that you're supposed to have is at least 9 1/2 hours. So if you set your alarm for school for 7, you'll need to be going to bed at 9:30.
Without a good night's sleep, I find that my skin feels de hydrated, tired and achey in the morning which isn't good for self esteem.
I think before bed it's really good to read a book or write your diary or have a hot drink to wind down and relax. I sometimes have Herbal tea such as Peppermint or you can have Camomile, Lemon and Ginger (there are tons to chose from) or maybe other times I'll have milk or Horlicks.
If you want to know more about sleep visit: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Childrenssleep/Pages/howmuchsleep.aspx

4. Don't go on your phone/tablet/laptop or watch TV before bed. a) they're all addictive and you will probably be on them for ages past your bedtime and b) research shows that if you use a screen 30 minutes before sleep, your brain thinks it's morning and gets ready to wake up - the total opposite to winding down. This makes sleep harder, therefore it causes you and your skin to be tired the next day.
Also, I easily get headaches from staring at my phone for too long which makes me very tirrred.zzzzzz.

5. Fresh air everyday. This is a significant one because being cooped up inside won't do any good to your skin, especially if the heating is on. Go out for a quick walk (or Jog!) round the block or to a local shop or maybe the beach - sea air is very good for you!!

6. You don't always need to blather your face with make up.
If your self confidence is low and you feel like you need to cover your spots, then thats fine, however you do need to let your spots have time to breathe. This will probably reduce more appearing unwantedly on your poor skin!
Use a little bit of concealer if needs be and then you'll be fine. There's no need as a young teenager to wear lots of foundation.

So that's about it for my skincare tips I hope you liked it!

Love Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment